A Google exec shares the 2 things he thinks every 20-something needs to know
Singh, who was poached by Google in 2010 from Oracle, where he was also an executive, shared two things he thought every new graduate should know.
First, he said: "They grow up learning a few things about how to approach problems. The piece that they possibly miss is that, once you're in the real world, it's all about other people. Giving is more important than your point of view."
The other thing he thought 20-somethings should know: How to get along and work together.
This, he said, was "the difference between frontline managers and leaders."
"Leaders find a way to work together," he added. "They find a solution. There's always a way, and you've got to find what that way is."
- Exploring India's majestic glaciers: 10 frozen wonders
- New fund alert: 'Axis India Manufacturing Fund'
- Anti-collision system KAVACH, Delhi-Kolkata, Delhi-Mumbai corridor to see completion in 2024-25: Vaishnaw
- Top 10 places to visit in India in December
- 10 Amazing health benefits of Aloe Vera