A huge new game starring Disney's biggest characters is nearly out - here's what you need to know about 'Kingdom Hearts 3'
- A huge new Disney game is almost here: "Kingdom Hearts 3" arrives on January 29.
- The game features a massive cast of Disney characters, many of whom are instrumental to the game's story.
- Even if you've never played a "Kingdom Hearts" game before, there's plenty of reasons to be excited for the upcoming Xbox One and PlayStation 4 game.
"Kingdom Hearts 3" is an exception.Advertisement
It's rare that a game comes along where Disney's all-star cast of characters - from Mickey Mouse to Buzz Lightyear to Bambi - all play a part.
When the game arrives on January 29 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, players will take on the role of Sora as he finishes his multi-game journey. Whether you're new to the series or a longtime fan, there are plenty of good reasons to be excited for the upcoming game.
Here's a quick primer to get you started:Get the latest Microsoft stock price here.
Other than the central heroes — protagonist Sora and his friends Riku and Kairi — the majority of other characters in "Kingdom Hearts 3" are major Disney characters.
And yes: One of those characters is Mickey Mouse himself.Advertisement
Notably, you don't play as those major Disney characters. The main playable character in "Kingdom Hearts 3" is Sora, who wields a weapon called a "Keyblade."
Sora can and will team up with his faithful sidekicks Donald Duck and Goofy for team attacks during combat, as you can see below:Advertisement
Sometimes those enemies are massive, like this guy below:
And sometimes they're smaller, as you can see here:Advertisement
There are plenty of specifics to know, but the basic plot of "Kingdom Hearts 3" is simple to understand: A battle of good versus evil. This gentleman is the antagonist:
How that battle plays out is up to you — and a massive cast of Disney characters:Advertisement
In the case of Winnie-the-Pooh and his friends below, it looks like Hundred Acre Wood is one of many stops you'll make in "Kingdom Hearts 3":
Each of their worlds is realized in its own art style, which lends the game a real visual vibrancy. Captain Jack Sparrow and his friends from "The Pirates of the Caribbean" also play a central role, and their world is rendered more realistically:Advertisement
The franchise is known for accessible combat and a relatively low difficulty level overall, so this one is great for Disney fans of most ages:
The game is scheduled to launch on January 29 on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 — it costs $60.Advertisement
For a closer look at the game's combat, check out this combat-focused trailer:
And for a closer look at the game's overall story, check out this trailer right here:Advertisement
- I'm not going to movie theatre until there's COVID-19 vaccine, says Spike Lee
- Seven returnees test COVID-19 positive in Nagaland
- Uttarakhand's Covid-19 tally increases to 802— Dehradun accounts for 25 fresh cases
- AB InBev reevaluating short, mid-term plans; seeks reduction in high tax on beer
- SGPGIMS develops RNA -based cheaper and faster test for COVID-19