A look inside Uber's Manhattan office, where employees of the $66 billion company have wine on tap and can bring their dogs to work
While a whopping 50 million people have already taken a total of two billion Uber rides in 425 cities around the world since the company was founded in 2009, very few know what goes on behind the scenes at the $66 billion San Francisco-based firm.
Uber, a network and app that connects riders with nearby drivers, currently employs 8,000 people (not including drivers, who are contractors). About 230 of those employees are based in Uber's Manhattan office - which we recently visited to get a clearer picture of what the culture is really like.
Here's what we saw and learned:
- A student who accidentally became a millionaire with a cult following after selling his expressionless selfies as NFTs says he feels confused
- After 10-minute grocery delivery, a 15-minute ambulance service grabs investor interest
- Fortune oil maker Adani Wilmar is looking to acquire southern players in edible oil, FMCG industry
- Swiggy raises $700 million led by Invesco to double down on quick commerce, valuation crosses $10 billion
- OnePlus 10R with MediaTek Dimensity 9000 SoC tipped to launch in India by Q2 end
- IPL 2022: These are the foreign players who are retained by the teams ahead of the auction
- From Adani Green to HAL – these 10 stocks have defied the market meltdown
- Wipro, L&T Infotech, Zee Entertainment, Mindtree among top losers that hit investors’ portfolio in the last one month