A Massive Ice Storm Is Pummeling The Northeast US
The East Coast could get up to a foot of snow, according to Reuters.
Sleet and freezing rain are also hitting the Midwest, Northeast, and even some southern states.
Schools in some states are shut down, and more than 92,000 people are without power in New Jersey. Residents of New York City face an icy commute as snow from last night melts and freezing rain continues to fall.
Thousands of flights around the country have been canceled.
Here are some photos from around the country:
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- World's richest person Bernard Arnault's fortune has increased by more than $33 billion this year
- WhatsApp rolls out ability to create avatars on iOS
- One in four users unaware of crypto cybercrime risks: Cybersecurity firm Kaspersky
- Telegram adds real-time message translation in its new update
- Global smartphone revenue fall by 9% in 2022: Counterpoint Research
- Ex-military ruler Pervez Musharraf dies in Dubai: Pak media