A Mobile Payments Company Is Hiding Cash Around Los Angeles
There's more money out there.
This time the cash comes courtesy of mobile payments app Circle Plus Payments, which is hiding $50 and $100 bills around Los Angeles.
Circle Plus Payments founder Nitish Kannan says he hopes to inspire people to spread love and be generous. "Last year, one of the most touching things was receiving anonymous gifts and small acts of kindness," he remembers. "It impacted my life because as a broke entrepreneur, I needed money to survive. This year, I feel empowered to start a movement to give back and maybe spread this to other cities."
The hidden cash game is coming back to LA, we're hiding free money in iconic locations in LA, you'll have to follow us as we tweet clues!- CirclePlusPayments (@CirclePlusPay) November 13, 2014
Okay so If anyone wants free money find it on the Santa Monica Pier, there is money in an envelope with instructions! pic.twitter.com/JqZQxFI6UY- CirclePlusPayments (@CirclePlusPay) November 17, 2014
"We hope more people will spread love," says Kannan. "We're a small startup, and if we show we can do well for our communities, our communities will benefit from the extra money, and maybe larger companies and individuals will be inspired."
Circle Plus Payments was founded in 2013 and allows anyone to accept credit card payments through its app. According to its Twitter account, the company has raised $500,000 in a first round of angel funding. Ultimately, it plans to give away up to $1,000 during this promotion, and likely hopes to gain a few Twitter followers along the way.
- Indian startup founders celebrate Paytm’s success as company posts first operating profit
- Kim Jong Un abruptly reappears after 36 days out of the spotlight and orders North Korea to 'prepare for war'
- OpenAI makes a ChatGPT-like tool called Codex that can write software. Here's why Codex won't replace developers and will instead create more demand for their skills.
- PM Modi endorses Indian Oil's 'Surya Nutan' solar cooker at India Energy Week! Should you switch?
- Adani Power's Q3 profit plunges 96% to Rs 9 cr as expenses rise
- After an Ather 450X catches fire, the company says its battery is safe — fire was due to a wiring harness issue
- CCTV camera for home with mobile connectivity for 2023
- Best smartwatches under ₹3000