A rail-guided Tesla and flamethrowers: Inside Elon Musk's exclusive Boring Company tunnel launch party
Robyn Beck/Pool via REUTERS
- Elon Musk's Boring Company unveiled its first completed test tunnel on Tuesday night.
- Musk held an exclusive launch party near Los Angeles to celebrate the opening.
- It featured a speech from Musk and flamethrower-cooked marshmallows.
Scroll on for the best pictures from the launch party.
Get the latest Tesla stock price here.
The Hawthorne Tunnel is the Boring Company's first major project.
Although lots of people came to witness the tunnel opening, there wasn't space for everyone.Advertisement
Musk gave a 30-minute presentation.
Guests didn't get a ride in the tunnel.Advertisement
Musk said that while the tunnel is capable of whisking cars along at 110 mph, people will be going through at a more comfortable 40 to 50 mph.
The tunnelling process is much slower, however.Advertisement
Musk tweeted a picture of a modified Tesla Model X nestled inside the tunnel, locked in by retractable wheel gears, which effectively turn it into a "rail-guided train."
The Boring Company also released a video of a Tesla being whisked along inside the tunnel.Advertisement
The Boring Company showed off some impressive segments of tunnel.
The firm's tunnelling equipment was also on proud display.Advertisement
And attendees got the chance to pose in front of some heavy-duty boring equipment.
They also got to toast marshmallows with a Boring Company flamethrower.Advertisement
- SEBI issues procedural guidelines for proxy advisors
- Bandhan Bank promoter sells 21% stake to meet RBI norms
- Air India pilots allege blatant discrimination by management
- Reliance Industries and bank shares tumble and topple Sensex as bears look to clear the froth in the price
- Twitter plans 'Undo Send' button with paid subscription service