A Silicon Valley founder shares the 6 traits she looks for in the entrepreneurs she invests in
- Arlan Hamilton is the founder and managing partner of Backstage Capital, a boutique venture capital fund that invests in underrepresented founders.
- We asked Hamilton what she looks for in the entrepreneurs she invests in.
- She said it's important to take constructive criticism and to stay authentic.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Following is a transcript of the video.
I'm Arlan Hamilton and I'm the founder and managing partner of Backstage Capital.When I'm looking at companies and founders, I'm looking across the table to find someone who reminds me of myself, who has tenacity, grit, hustle, all of that, who's working on something bigger than themselves and understands that and who can take, hopefully, take constructive criticism maybe slightly better than I can.Advertisement
- JioMart now delivers in nearly 200 locations across India
- JP Morgan chief economist forecasts 'strong rebound' in Indian markets
- Three ways TCS, Infosys and other IT giants in India are trying to cut costs — but it’s not going to increase their profitability
- Here’s how TCS and MeritTrac solutions aim to stop candidates from cheating during online exams
- Bank mitra robbed of cash worth Rs 3.5 lakh in Mathura