A Swiss watchmaker just created a $26,900 timepiece that looks exactly like an Apple Watch
And now Swiss watchmaker H. Moser & Cie is making a statement of its own: a completely mechanical watch with a very familiar rectangular shape.The watch, known as the Swiss Alps Zzzz and Brrr, sports a "contemporary design," according to the watchmaker, that is reminiscent of the design used for the Apple Watch.Advertisement
It might be easy to dismiss this as just a gimmick, but Moser certainly has the watchmaking chops to back it up.
Inside, there's no gadgets or gizmos, just a HMC 324 fully mechanical movement. It's visible from the rear, where instead of a heart rate monitor there is a beautiful window into the movement (known in watch enthusiast circles as a "city").Moser built this watch as a response to the "cold electronics of connected watches" and says it "presents the soul of mechanical watchmaking."
Moser is releasing two versions of the Swiss Alps watch: a glossy, completely black version (the Zzzz), and one with a "Funky Blue" dial (the Brrr). Each is limited to 20 units and retails for $26,900.Advertisement
NOW WATCH: This smart watch has mechanical clock hands
- Air India Express plane crash lands in Kerala after overshooting the runway
- Best budget microwave ovens in India
- Best coffee mugs for cosy conversations & more
- First Man, Bandish Bandits— and other shows that you can watch on Netflix, Zee5, Disney+ Hotstar, and Amazon Prime
- A WhatsApp message, six weeks of talks and a $300 million deal – how Karan Bajaj sold his less than 18-month old startup White Hat Jr to Byju’s