A U.K. Crime Czar Just Said Undercover Cops Can Sleep With Suspects
Officer Mark Kennedy recently admitted to sleeping with two female members of an environmental activist group he was infiltrating, The Telegraph reported Wednesday.
The news of his dalliances sparked confusion about the sex-with-suspects question.
But Nick Herbert, the U.K.'s minister for policing and criminal justice, has finally weighed in.
Herbert said undercover cops can have sex with suspects if not doing so could blow their cover, The Telegraph reported.
"[B]anning such actions would provide the group targeted the opportunity to find out whether there was an undercover officer specifically within their group," Herbert said.
- Girish Mathrubootham, the son of a retired bank officer who built a $13 billion company in just 10 years
- A couple who traveled to 48 states in an RV share 17 things they would never go on a trip without
- The Taliban is bringing back executions and cutting off hands as punishment after retaking control of Afghanistan
- Ethereum’s scaling issues strike again as TIME Magazine’s NFTs sell for 30 times their price
- Best baby swing cradle and chair in India
- China's FUD drags down Bitcoin, Ether and other cryptocurrencies yet again
- The India Chapter of the International Advertising Association elects Megha Tata as its President for a second term
- The beer ‘cartel’ of Kingfisher, Budweiser and Carlsberg have to cough up ₹870 crore in fines