A woman's tactic for deflecting unwanted attention from guys at the gym has gone viral for all the right reasons
- A Twitter user shared a recent experience at the gym which has gone viral.
- She witnessed a girl pretend she had just farted in order to get a guy who had approached her and her friend to leave them alone.
- Tweet has been shared over 22,000 times and received over 130,000 likes.
American author Olivia Cole, who uses the Twitter handle @RantingOwl, shared a situation she witnessed at the gym with her followers - and it has certainly got people talking.
Cole, who is from Louisville, Kentucky, said she was at the gym when a guy approached two young women - and they came up with a creative way to deflect his unwanted attention.
Cole added that the girl in question was only 21 years old.
The message has been retweeted over 22,000 times and received over 130,000 likes. It has prompted an outpouring of comments and congratulatory memes from users.
People have been applauding the girl's tactic...
...And posting plenty of memes in support.
Not everyone was convinced the situation actually happened, though.
There have also been some more concerned reactions to Coles' tweet, including comments from users who said they could relate to the situation and were ready to put this new tactic into action out of sheer necessity.
GUYS. Just now. In gym.- Olivia A. Cole (@RantingOwl) January 10, 2018
*guy approaches two women working out, with flirtatious eyebrows at the ready*
Girl 1: UH you might not want to come over here, dude. I just farted. It's bad.
Guy: *looks horrified. leaves.*
Girl 2: omg did you really?
Girl 1: psh no.
Girl 1 is my hero!- SaraTheBrown (@SaraTheBrown) January 13, 2018
Shero- Ju5t1n1a E!!5 (@rose0justice) January 12, 2018
Incredible- koko (@kokoschu) January 12, 2018
Epic. She should teach seminars. We could all learn from her.- Pamela Grossman (@brooklynpam) January 12, 2018
I will eat the hugest bowl of cheddar-smothered broccoli, beans, & rice before every workout if this works even HALF of the time. Someone verify this for me. pic.twitter.com/2nFd354OjS- Valerie Hall Stinnett (@Noobvember) January 12, 2018
I'll take didn't happen for 200.- artie (@art1e) January 13, 2018
Didn't happen. Blocked.- Chris Foale (@FoaleFOTD) January 13, 2018
I'm SO doing this. Had guy approach me to tell me my form was "off" & if I did it his way, I'd also be working my abs to lose my belly. I held out my dumbbell & he nearly fell over taking it. He left it on floor & I said, "I'm pregnant. I lift everyday." Haven't seen him since.- Amanda Louie (@AmandaLouieTX) January 11, 2018
I'm telling my daughter to use this line!- Ellen Taussig Conaty (@Ellen_DTC) January 12, 2018
I actually just joined there, because my previous gym was so bad that I had to file a complaint against an EMPLOYEE....who still works there. My sit-down w/ their new GM did nothing.- Valerie Hall Stinnett (@Noobvember) January 12, 2018
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months
- Qmin has been profitable business for IHCL from day one, says Jehangir Press
- India's foreign exchange reserves fall to $573 bn