- The launch was the first-ever Twitter campaign in the market that enabled physical, tangible on-ground interaction with a brand.
- It helped OnePlus garner 21.2 million overall impressions and viewership of 1.2 million for the live stream of the launch on the service.
In the midst of the pandemic, instead of backing down, OnePlus pushed the boundaries and opened the doors to its largest store in the world. The brand chose Twitter to plan its virtual store launch and deliver maximum impact. The strategically planned campaign, which used technology to cut through an ever more cluttered media landscape, delivered 21.2 million overall impressions and viewership of 1.2 million for the live stream of the launch on the service. The launch was the first-ever Twitter campaign in the market that enabled physical, tangible on-ground interaction with a brand. With every Like that the livestream received on Twitter, the inaugural curtain at the store in Hyderabad lifted, in fact, the velocity and quantity of incoming Likes were used to create an acceleration on-ground. This innovative campaign unlocked several technological and creative opportunities, paving the way for many such innovations in the future.
Rishabh Sharma - Head of Twitter Next India, shared, “The
Siddhant Narayan, Head of Marketing, OnePlus India, said, “The digital launch of our largest ever
This resulted in an incredible impact of over 1 million live views and over 650,000 engagement impressions from our community. We look forward to driving several such innovative, digital-first campaigns with Twitter in the coming future while bringing the best of experiences to our community.”
Let’s go behind-the-scenes to understand how Twitter Next and OnePlus did it.
Caught on camera during a brainstorm: Twitter and OnePlus team members
The Ask: OnePlus turned to Twitter to maximise its audience reach. At a time when people were staying home and maintaining social distance, the brand wanted to bring its customers even closer through an exciting experience. Staying true to its value to #StopAtNothing, OnePlus was ready to push its limits for a high-engagement launch spread over four to six weeks.
The Target/Desired Outcome: OnePlus laid out clear deliverables for the campaign, and Twitter was presented with the following tasks -
- Generate awareness and excitement around the OnePlus Nizam Palace store launch through compelling digital content.
- Through a technological experiment, create a bespoke solution that resonates with the brand’s audience and generates positive customer sentiment.
The Roadmap: The teams set out with the OnePlus community at the core of their thinking process, knowing that in the old-normal, the event would have been on-ground with the entire community in attendance. The task at hand was to replicate the same sense of connection and excitement virtually.
Devising the plan of action -
- After a thorough analysis of existing OnePlus conversations and multiple brainstorming sessions between the Twitter Next Planner, Strategist and Technologist, it was inferred that the passionate OnePlus community is always looking forward to engaging, participating and sharing.
- The team then laid out a framework that would not only grab the nation’s attention but also get everyone participating in the campaign by joining in for the launch.
- Multiple discussions with OnePlus, external partners and internal contributors led to several changes in the initially drawn skeleton to ensure adherence to the brand’s tone of voice and alignment with their campaign vision.
- The nature of the launch was such that it required close coordination with the on-ground staff at the store site in Hyderabad. Logistics and technical opportunities had to be understood from a distance in order to come up with a creative and watertight plan of action.
- Unexpected weather changes in Hyderabad leading to heavy floods pushed the event causing delays as well as operational challenges.
@SakshiJ5 To our community members, waiting for the unveiling of our biggest OnePlus Store yet, we have an update.… https://t.co/5vUkxFpEGf— OnePlus India (@OnePlus_IN) 1602838014000
A well-thought change in the launch timeline, along with creative revisions helped achieve the intended impact.
Final engagement goals for the campaign days
- Create anticipation: Getting the audience to opt-in for the launch event.
- Create an experience: Consistently communicate and reiterate to immerse the audience as if at an on-ground event.
- Own conversations on launch day: Scale reach of the launch event by owning Twitter timeline.
- Sustain conversations post-launch: Keep people talking for the next 48 hours by delivering an engaging experience and reminding them of what’s more in store.
- Teasing the brand’s patrons for the launch with a series of Tweets, OnePlus used Twitter’s Heart-to-Remind functionality to cue people in for reminders for the event’s live stream.
We #StopAtNothing. Even when it comes to offline experiences. Announcing the biggest OnePlus Store in the world, co… https://t.co/taCJqQ3QoA— OnePlus India (@OnePlus_IN) 1602248221000
@SakshiJ5 Ready your . OnePlus' largest store in the world - The #OnePlusNizamPalace is opening its doors in Hyder… https://t.co/i9fJxrQT2i— OnePlus India (@OnePlus_IN) 1604471155000
Leading up to the launch day, OnePlus kept the buzz alive and the conversation going, reinstating the excitement around launch through a series of Tweets.
Marking off the festive season with the exclusive unveiling of the Biggest OnePlus Store in the World! Join us on… https://t.co/jENZCuXKcF— OnePlus India (@OnePlus_IN) 1604219759000
On the day of the launch, OnePlus took over Twitter’s premium real estate via the Promoted Trend Spotlight to ensure maximum visibility and scale the reach of the event broadcasted via Twitter live.
Ready your . OnePlus' largest store in the world - The #OnePlusNizamPalace is opening its doors in Hyderabad. Join… https://t.co/uP8q37rmBm— OnePlus India (@OnePlus_IN) 1604470184000
To sustain conversations after the launch, OnePlus continued to roll out exciting video Tweets giving people a peek into how the event was executed amidst challenging situations.
With help from our digital community, the raised the curtains for the biggest OnePlus Store in the world - the… https://t.co/okCC6M9wMg— OnePlus India (@OnePlus_IN) 1604742924000
- The first-of-its-kind store unveil campaign recorded a whopping 21.2 million overall impressions, with the Live stream making 4.64 million impressions across timelines.
- Around 10.2K people opted-in for reminders to the launch event on Twitter.
- While the Live video recorded a viewership of 1.2 million, the overall video views for the campaign stood at 3.3 million.
- The Live stream received 9K hearts within minutes to open the curtain and unveil the store.