This investment will include new bonus programs that pay eligible creators for hitting certain milestones when they use...
- Bonuses will also help creators understand which content performs best for them.
From artists to style experts and budding entertainers, creators drive so much of the passion and creativity. As Facebook continues building creative tools like Live Audio Rooms and Bulletin, as well as monetization products like Stars and affiliate, it will also reward creators, especially those who are just starting out, for creating content their communities love.
This investment will include new bonus programs that pay eligible creators for hitting certain milestones when they use Facebook's creative and monetization tools. It will also provide seed funding for creators to produce their content. Its goal is to help as many creators as possible find sustainable, long-term success on our apps.
Facebook is introducing bonus programs that will reward a wide variety of creators for sharing great content that people enjoy. Bonuses will also help creators understand which content performs best for them.
Bonus programs will be seasonal, evolving and expanding over time. While some bonus programs are already available to select creators by invitation, such as our Badges and Stars Challenges, Facebook will launch a dedicated place for bonuses within the Instagram app this summer, and in the Facebook app in the fall, where creators can learn about bonuses available to them.
Bonuses Available Now
The first bonus opportunities on Facebook, available by invitation now, help creators earn more while learning how to create content that can be monetized.
- In-Stream bonus pays an earnings bonus over the next four months to select video creators using in-stream ads.
- Stars bonus: Facebook is expanding our Stars Challenges program to include select gaming creators. Participating video and gaming creators will receive a monthly bonus for hitting specific Stars milestones over the next three months.
- The IGTV ads bonus, available now to creators in the US, allows creators to earn a one-time bonus for signing up for IGTV ads, which enables them to earn a share of revenue when ads run during their videos.
- The badges in Live bonus, available now to creators in 11 countries, rewards creators when they meet certain milestones with badges, such as going Live with another account.
- The Reels Summer bonus, launching in the coming weeks to creators in the US, will pay creators for creating great Reels content on Instagram. Creators can find the Reels summer bonus in the new Bonuses section of the Instagram app and will earn based on how their reels perform.
Approach to Bonus Programs
Facebook will follow a set of principles to guide how its bonus programs distribute the investment:
- Authentic: Designed to reward creators who are creating original and high-quality content that people enjoy.
- Attainable: Developed to support creators of all sizes across a wide range of verticals, with earning opportunities for a variety of content on our apps.
- Simple and Actionable: Easy-to-understand requirements that creators can take action on to help them grow their businesses.
To express interest in and sign up to learn more about both our monetization products and bonus programs on Facebook, visit Monetization Tools on Facebook for Creators. Creators on Instagram can learn more in the Bonuses section of the app, which will be available in the coming weeks.
More to Come
This investment brings together its many programs and initiatives across the company that support creators and enable them to earn a sustainable income on our apps. It complements Facebook's growing suite of monetization tools – earning ad revenue through in-stream and IGTV ads; fan support via Badges, Stars, fan subscriptions and paid online events; partnering with brands via branded content and affiliate; and creator shopping tools.