Indian marketers spend nearly 20% of their advertising budget on tackling ad fraud: MMA's Ad Fraud Benchmark Report
Mobile MarketingAssociation's ‘Ad Fraud Benchmark Report' reveals interesting facts about the level of fraud, and its awareness in the country and aims to help marketers benchmark their exposure to various kinds of fraud.
- The report revealed that 90% of businesses are using or planning to use anti-fraud solutions.
- Only 37% respondents are familiar with Blockchain.
The report has been published in collaboration with a research firm -- Decision Lab, with the objective of understanding the current industry practices around ad fraud and the methods adopted by marketers. It also highlights the rising and prevalent issues such as adware traffic, ad stacking, domain spoofing, that will help marketers understand organizational challenges and combination of various measures to tackle the problems effectively.
Highlighting why we need more awareness around
Key highlights from the report:
- With a rate of 62%, mobile ad fraud remains as one of the biggest challenges in India
- Indian marketers spend nearly 20% of their advertising budget on ad fraud
- 9/10 marketers feel there is scope for improvement in ad fraud prevention methods
- 95% respondents feel that lack of penalties and transparency in industry regulations give rise to ad fraud
- 95% respondents agreed that lack of data sharing and large number of middlemen are also a cause to ad fraud risks
- Major types of ad fraud – Cookie Stuffing (74%), Adware Traffic (65%), Data Fraud (61%), Ad Injection (54%)
- Only 37% respondents are aware of Blockchain and its application to fraud prevention