Kidswear registers the highest growth among all categories on Myntra in 2020; launches Toys in the segment to boost the...
- Kidswear witnesses 90% growth in a pandemic year, as parents choose to shop online from the comfort of their homes.
- Myntra added 200+ kids brands during the pandemic to meet the latest need states of the consumers.
- Myntra launches ‘Toys’ in the segment to boost the category.
As the nation’s largest destination for fashion, Myntra currently houses over 1.1 lakh styles from over 450 leading brands, in the kid’s category. Some of the leading brands on the platform in the Kids’ segment are, H&M, UCB and GAP, among others, while leading products include, Dresses, T-shirts, Sweatshirts, Value Packs and Night Suits. The category also performed extremely well during the course of the pandemic, when its share of revenues doubled, registering strong organic growth for home wear and day wear article types, such as value packs, night suits and innerwear, among others. During the current year-end festive season, Myntra witnessed huge demand for party and outer wear, with sequins and embroidered dresses for girls and blazers and suits for boys. Winter Jackets and sweatshirts are also emerging as favourite among kidswear.
Interesting facts on Kids wear:
- The ratio of products for boys and girls being sold on Myntra – 45:55
- Most searched product/style in the category – Girls (Dresses), Boys (T-shirts), Kids (Jackets)
- Peak seasons – Festive season, summer holiday season, Children’s day
- Upcoming trends in Kidswear – Printed joggers, colour blocked sweatshirts, brand carriers, casual dresses, smart sleepwear with witty quotes and cartoon printed T-shirts
Strengthening the kids category even further, Myntra has launched ‘Toys’ on the platform recently, expanding its offerings in the segment. Coming as it does, ahead of Christmas, the section is live with 850 styles currently and on track to launching 1500 more in the next 3-4 months. Some of the leading brands in the segment include ToysRus, Disney, Barbie and Mattel among other leading toys brands in the country.
Speaking on the segment, Ayyappan Rajagopal, Head of Business, Myntra, said, “The kids’ category is one of the major areas of focus for Myntra, especially after a very successful run in the recent months, peaking during the festive period. We have always been stronger in this segment in the metros and up north, and with the launch of a number of south and regional selection and brands our penetration into T2 and T3 cities has also increased significantly. Right now, we are witnessing over 100% growth in kids’ winter wear, with teens and pre-teens in the age group of 8 to 16 years, growing the highest. Overall, we are expecting strong traction in winter wear, T-shirts, dresses, infant apparel and ethnic wear, as a category in the days ahead.”
Myntra strengthened its portfolio in the infant space with big launches like Chicco & Mothercare. Along with that, many new launches like Max, Levi's kids, converse, Jordan helped the platform grow its footprint in the branded space.