PM’s address on Lockdown extension garnered 4 billion viewing minutes -- the highest of the 4 addresses on COVID-19.
- Hindi GEC attained an all-time-high viewership of 4 billion in HSM Urban this week on the back of the return of the classics.
- On the other hand, overall FCT on TV dropped by 26% over the Pre-COVID period.
- A 142% increase seen in FCT for Social Ads.
And in the week starting from April 1, Hindi GEC witnessed a 26% increase in viewership on the back of return of classics. It attained an all-time-high viewership of 4 billion in HSM Urban this week.
Hindi GEC also attained an all-time-high viewership in week 4 with 4 billion impressions since 2015 in HSM Urban.
It further revealed how the comeback Ramayan and Mahabharat have changed Doordarshan’s viewer profile as 22% kids are also watching with the epics with a senior person at home.
Some of the Key Highlights of TV and Smartphone consumption during the fourth week of Lockdown are as follows: -
|BARC||Nielsen Smartphone Panel|
|Coverage||All India (Urban + Rural)||All India (Urban 1 Lakh plus)|
|TG||ALL NCCS 2+ years||NCCS ABC 15-44 yearsAndroid Smartphone Users|
|Time Period||PRE COVID - 11th Jan 2020- 31st Jan 2020||PRE COVID - 13th Jan 2020 - 2nd Feb 2020|
|COVID DISRUPTION Week 3 – 28thMarch 2020 to 3rd April 2020Week 4 – 4thMarch 2020 to 10th April 2020|
- COVID-19 is taking the most mind space with ~40% of top 100 Google searches last week being in COVID and 1 in 8 consumers accessing the AAROGYA SETU app
- PM’s address on Lockdown extension garnered 4 Bn viewing minutes - the highest of the 4 addresses on COVID-19
- TV consumptions grows 38% over pre-COVID period now at 1.2 Trillion minutes
- Hindi GEC attains all time High Viewership of 4 Bn since 2015 in HSM Urban this week
- Movies show an increase across HSM, while GEC maintains share and continues to lead in South markets
- Top 5 content for digital audiences is a mix of Fiction, History, Mythology and Supernatural
- Premium audiences on Digital clock remarkable growth in time spent on News, Chat, Fitness and Streaming
- The News franchise on Digital is close to 50% now (+25% over PreCovid period) - Video News consumption shows a huge growth of 75% over the PreCovid period
- COVID Lockdown gives a big fillip to Education Apps , Surge by 30%+
- Overall FCT on TV drops by 26% over the PreCovid period- however a 142% increase seen in FCT for Social Ads - Digital ads also showing a slowdown in last week