Classics gave a 43% push to overall Hindi GEC’s performance.
- As TV viewership grows by 40% on the back of return of mythological shows, advertisers jump on the trend and buy ad spots for Ramayan and Mahabharat.
- Classics gave a 43% push to overall Hindi GEC’s performance.
Ramayan continues to be advertisers’ favourite as it sees a 14X increase, followed by Mahabharat that saw a 12X increase in week 15.
The report further revealed that the return of mythological shows have become the main source of entertainment among Hindi GEC’s. It contributed 43% to overall Hindi’s GEC viewership growth, garnered 109 million viewing minutes and was watched by 353 viewers.
Week 15 recorded a 40% growth over the pre-COVID period, standing at 1.24 trillion minutes. Individuals watching TV for all 7 days in the week increased by 48%.
Some of the Key Highlights of TV and Smartphone consumption during the fifth week of Lockdown are as follows: -
|BARC||Nielsen Smartphone Panel|
|Coverage||All India (Urban + Rural)||All India (Urban 1 Lakh plus)|
|TG||ALL NCCS 2+ years||NCCS ABC 15-44 yearsAndroid Smartphone Users|
|Time Period||PRE COVID - 11th Jan 2020- 31st Jan 2020||PRE COVID - 13th Jan 2020 - 2nd Feb 2020|
|COVID DISRUPTION Week 4 – 4thMarch 2020 to 10th April 2020Week 5 – 11th April 2020 to 17th April 2020|
- 'CORONA Virus' continues to be most searched among Top 100 Google searches.
- 1 in 5 smartphone consumers use the Aarogya Setu app now - an 80% + increase v/s the launch week.
- TV consumption continues to show a growth of 40% over pre-COVID period now at 1.24 Trillion minutes - the increase led by both Reach and Average Time Spent.
- The new normal of 3 hrs, 40 minutes+ a day on Smartphone continues - 10% increase over pre Covid times.
- TV Viewership Growth led by News and Movies - the Movies growth coming more from the PAY platform.
- News franchise on Smartphone continued to be nearly 50% of all smartphone audience, Views grow by 40%.
- Hindi GEC in HSM at an all-time high with 8.5 BN impressions with Mythological shows leading the way. HSM Urban is all time high for 3rd week in row.
- Strong double-digit growth seen across various segments of OTTs (movies, originals, etc.) while Audio streaming apps show a decline possibly on account of commuting going down.
- FCT on TV recovers a bit after a huge fall last week - most advertisers using the COVID19 theme; Essentials category sees a growth across genres; while on Digital Video Advertising spends drop across most categories.