- HUL, Reckitt Benckiser and Govt of India continue to remain at the Top 3 positions during week 17.
- Godrej and P&G were the new entrants amongst Top 10 advertisers in HSM as compared to Week 16.
Total TV viewership grew by 29% in the week 17 over pre-covid-19 period and recorded 1.14 trillion viewing minutes. GEC growth was higher at HSM Urban as compared to All India level.
Some of the other key highlights of TV and Smartphone consumption during the sixth week of lockdown are as follows:
|BARC India||Nielsen Smartphone Panel|
|Coverage||All India (Urban + Rural)||All India (Urban 1 Lakh plus)|
|TG||ALL NCCS 2+ years||NCCS ABC 15-44 yearsAndroid Smartphone Users|
|Time Period||PRE COVID - 11th Jan 2020- 31st Jan 2020||PRE COVID - 13th Jan 2020 - 2nd Feb 2020|
|COVID DISRUPTION Week 6 – 18th April 2020 to 24th April 2020Week 7 – 25th April 2020 to 1st May 2020|
- Total TV viewership grew over the Pre-COVID period by 29% & the week recorded 1.14 Trillion Viewing Minutes
- News & Movies continued to drive the growth for TV
- Mythological shows witnessed a huge increase across GECs – the re-runs of classics like Mahabharata and Ramayana on other channels continue to attract significant viewers and helped the channels increase the slot viewership.
- Retro music on TV seems to be playing more, with the 41+yr olds increasing time spent on music
- 10% increase in the count of brands advertising on Television, with 395 new brands coming into play
- Internet Penetration in India is now at 40%, with 504 Mn Active Internet Users (5+yrs)
- Time spent on Smartphone increased by 16% versus Pre Covid, the highest usage since the COVID-19 lockdown - resulted in 18.7 Bn minutes on the smartphone/day in the recent week.
- Gaming, Education Apps, Social Networking continue their trailblazing increase!