- Forbes estimated that Addison Rae Easterling had made over $5 million from her
TikTokcareer in the past year, in a new report on the top earners on TikTok.
- Charli D'Amelio was not far behind, with Forbes estimating she made over $4 million.
- Forbes reported the estimated earnings for seven top TikTok stars, each bringing in one million dollars or more in pre-tax income.
Charli D'Amelio has the most TikTok followers, but it's Addison Rae Easterling who makes the most money, according to Forbes.
Forbes estimated that Easterling made over $5 million, making her the highest-earning TikTok star right now. Trailing not too far behind was Charli D'Amelio, making an estimated $4 million. The two are the most followed creators on the video app, with D'Amelio's following now over 76 million and Easterling's at over 54 million.
Both Easterling and D'Amelio started posting to TikTok in 2019 and quickly rose to fame. After three months of posting videos, Easterling hit over one million followers on the app.
"I remember that's when it changed for me," Easterling told Business Insider earlier this year. "I knew I wanted to take it more seriously and expand it to other platforms. I uploaded a video to YouTube and got really active on Instagram."
D'Amelio and Easterling joined the TikTok group Hype House as original members in early 2020, as did Charli's sister Dixie D'Amelio, who ranks No. 3 on Forbes' list at $2.9 million. The D'Amelios have formally left the group since.
Both Easterling and D'Amelio have launched their own cosmetics products: Item Beauty (a new makeup line created by Easterling and Madeby Collective) and Morphe 2 (a collaboration between Charli and Dixie D'Amelio aimed at Gen Z). They have also partnered with brands like American Eagle and Hollister, as well as launching merchandise collections on their own.
Forbes' report estimated these seven TikTok stars' pre-tax earnings between June 30, 2019 and June 30, 2020.
"To estimate what they made, we talked to the
To read more about how TikTok stars are making money, check out these other recent Business Insider stories:
- TikTok influencers say they're making tens of thousands of dollars by promoting apps in videos: 'There's not really a limit on how much you can earn'
- TikTok influencers are getting paid thousands of dollars to promote songs, as the app becomes a major force in the music industry
- How a clothing reseller used TikTok to double her sales to over $7,000 per month on the social shopping app Depop