Hi! Welcome to the Insider
NBCU ad boss Linda Yaccarino is taking on a larger role overseeing local ads, company-wide campaigns, and a new data unit
- Ashley Rodriguez reports that NBCUniversal's advertising boss Linda Yaccarino has a new expanded role as global chairman of advertising and partnerships.
- She will oversee local advertising, company-wide
marketingstrategies, and a new data-strategy team.
- The move positions Yaccarino to unify all of the different parts of NBC Universal's ad business.
A rush of media and advertising companies are going public via SPACs. Here's why Playboy, CuriosityStream and Digital Media Solutions are betting on blank-check deals.
- I reported that more media and advertising companies are going public via special-purpose acquisition companies as an alternative to the traditional IPO process of going public.
- Playboy Enterprises, CuriosityStream, Digital Media Solutions are going public this year through SPACs.
- While SPACs used to be viewed negatively by investors, the pandemic has changed that and experts say that SPACs can help ad and media companies that are building or already have strong recurring revenue models as traditional investment is getting harder for advertising and media companies to come by.
Strict Facebook NDAs reveal how the company bars some of its ad agencies from speaking about it and even confirming public information
- Patrick Coffee reports that Facebook's contracts with some of its ad agencies have a nondisclosure clause that prevents them from discussing any aspect of the company's business.
- While some small agencies confirmed they were held to these NDAs, some big holding companies said their contract language was looser.
- Jeffrey Greenbaum, partner at law firm Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz, said being unable to comment on Facebook could affect an agency's ability to do business.
More stories we're reading:
- Disney just announced a major reorganization to prioritize streaming content as the pandemic hobbles things like theme parks and cruise ships (Business Insider)
- The most-watched public relations accounts including GNC and Expedia that are up for grabs (Business Insider)
- AVOD vs. SVOD viewer demographics: New research shows how the audiences of surging ad-supported streaming services compare to subscription rivals like Netflix (Business Insider)
- Why newsletters are the perfect medium for brands like Cuup and Burrow, as DTCs look beyond social media marketing and traditional ad agencies to spread their message (Business Insider)
- YouTube's CEO won't commit to kicking QAnon off the platform despite Facebook banning the conspiracy-theory movement last week (Business Insider)
- Levi's, Hilfiger push a new kind of online shopping. It looks a lot like QVC. (Wall Street Journal)