- Netflix on Thursday helped a meme related to double entendres go viral on Twitter.
- The meme asks users for phrases they can say during sex and some other activity.
- Netflix tweaked the meme to encourage other companies to respond.
- Dozens have and some of the replies are pretty creative.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Netflix has made it chill for companies to joke about sex, at least on Twitter.
Hijacking and tweaking an existing meme relating to double entendres, the company's Twitter feed on Thursday asked followers for things "you can say during sex but also when you manage a brand twitter account."
And boy did it get a response.
Despite the almost not-suitable-for-work theme, managers of other corporate Twitter accounts - not to mention numerous everyday people - replied by the dozens. Among them were representatives of Arby's:
The meme is premised on finding double entendres that work in multiple situations. For the joke to work, all you need is a place or situation, a stock photo to go with it, and the stock photo of a man and woman seemingly engaged in intimate relations that's been central to the theme.
Here are some of the many iterations of the meme so far:
Do you want more meat?- Arby's (@Arbys) December 5, 2019
I'm not sure we want to touch this.- Paramount Network (@paramountnet) December 5, 2019