If this email was forwarded to you, sign up here for your daily insider's guide to advertising and media.Tips, comments, suggestions? Drop me a line at LJohnson@insider.com or on Twitter at @LaurenJohnson.
The New York Times is readying a big newsletter push as Substack tries to poach its top writers with advances worth hundreds of thousands
- The New York Times is readying a newsletter push as Substack comes after top journalists, Steven Perlberg reported.
- Substack offered opinion writer Liz Bruenig a $200,000 advance, double her Times salary.
- The Times told staffers in a memo Friday that outside paid
newsletterswouldn't likely be approved.
As Apple gets ready to blow up mobile advertising, this leaked sales deck shows how it was pitching the benefits of personalized ads in 2015
- Apple's app-privacy update is due on April 26 and the mobile ad industry is bracing for the fallout.
- A decade ago,
Applewas hoping to be leader in ads itself, launching the iAd network in 2010.
- Lara O'Reilly got her hands on a leaked 2015 sales deck that shows how Apple was pitching brands on the benefits of personalized ads.
Shopify is losing nearly half of its C-suite, including key tech leadership. Analysts worry about what it means for its $1 billion plan to take the fight to Amazon.
- Shopify is about to lose nearly half of its C-suite, Madeline Stone reports.
- Analysts are concerned about changes to its technical leadership team.
- The company is early on in its plans to build a fulfillment network that could challenge
More stories we're reading:
- The real people of Substack: 12 newsletter writers detail how much money they're making on the platform (Insider)
- Overtime just raised $80 million from Drake, Jeff Bezos, and other investors. A recent pitch deck shows how the startup plans to reach more young sports fans. (Insider)
- Abercrombie & Fitch is cool again, after years as the most hated retailer in the US, because it caught up to what millennials and Gen Z want (Insider)
- The influencer talent firm Slash Management is launching a new production facility to help clients level up their content (Insider)
- 8 ways to make money from your podcast, according to 4 podcasting experts (Insider)
- Amazon is loosening its grip on customers and letting some sellers reach out to them (CNBC)
- Murdoch's pick to run the New York Post bets on the web and celebs (
New York Times)