sign up here for your daily insider's guide to advertising and media. Tips, comments, suggestions? Drop me a line at LJohnson@insider.com or on Twitter at @LaurenJohnson.
The top 19 TikTok talent managers and agents helping creators turn social-media fame into diversified businesses
- Insider is recognizing the top talent managers and agents for TikTok stars in 2021.
- These power players help shape the careers of creators like Charli D'Amelio and Addison Rae Easterling.
- They have expanded their clients' businesses through brand deals, streaming TV, and DTC products.
Government Executive built a profitable media company after spinning off from Atlantic Media last year. Now it's on the hunt for acquisitions.
- GovExec expects to make more than $30 million in revenue this year, Steven Perlberg reported.
- The company has a profit margin north of 20%, its chairman said.
- GovExec acquired City & State and is now looking to make more purchases.
5 PR firms including Edelman and Weber Shandwick share their best public relations successes and why they worked
- The public relations industry had to shift tactics in a year shaped by the pandemic, calls for racial justice, and more.
- Sean Czarnecki gathered top case studies from the top PR firms including Edelman and Weber Shandwick.
- Several broke through by helping tie companies to racial justice and other causes.
More stories we're reading:
- 'The Falcon and the Winter Soldier' is the biggest streaming series in the US (Insider)
- 16 YouTube stars reveal the most money they've made from a single video (Insider)
- 'The Tesla of Chicken' just found its way onto shelves at Walmart and Target. Its 21-year-old founder explains how his plant-based nugget business did $8 million in sales last year. (Insider)
- Facebook begins testing ads in Instagram Reels (Reuters)
- Overtime raises $80 million from Jeff Bezos, Drake, NBA stars and others (Wall Street Journal)