- We asked 3,000 people what fast-food chains they refuse to eat at.
- Their top answers were Hardee's and Little Caesars.
- Read on for a ranking of the chains that fast-food fans are most likely to refuse to eat at.
- Sign up for Business Insider's retail newsletter, The Drive-Thru, to get more stories like this in your inbox.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Fast food can be a polarizing topic.
When we asked 3,000 readers of Business Insider's fast-food coverage about their favorite chains, we heard plenty about the best burgers and cleanest bathrooms. But, we also wanted to know which chains were the worst around - the fast-food joints that they refused to eat at.
These fast-food aficionados have no love for certain chains.
We crunched the numbers, dividing the amount of people who refused to eat at a certain chain by the number of people who said they had visited that chain in the last six month, creating a "refusal ratio." This helped us figure out which chains people consciously object to, as opposed to those they may not visit due to regional constraints, like West Coast-based In-N-Out.
In-N-Out's refusal ratio was zero, as not a single person who responded to our poll said that they refused to eat at the chain. Other major chains such as McDonald's and Starbucks had relatively low refusal ratios of under 10%.
Here are the chains that fast-food fans are most likely to say they refuse to eat at, with refusal ratios of 10% or higher.