Affirm skyrockets 110% in first day of trading after $1.2 billion IPO
Affirmsoared as much as 110% on Wednesday after the company's shares began trading hands publicly for the first time.
- The loan provider raised $1.2 billion in its initial public offering, selling 24.6 million shares for $49 each.
- Affirm's leap extends the trend of massive investor demand for
IPOs. The craze emerged in December after Airbnb and DoorDash surged in their market debuts.
- Affirm trades under the ticker "AFRM" on the
- Sign up here our daily newsletter, 10 Things Before the Opening Bell.
Affirm spiked as much as 110% on Wednesday after the loan provider's public-market debut.
The company's shares started trading publicly at around 12:20 p.m. ET and quickly surged above its offering price of $49. Affirm raised $1.2 billion by selling 24.6 million shares in its
Affirm was founded by PayPal co-founder
Now read more
- Popular devotional singer Narendra Chanchal passes away at 80
- Indian School of Business ranked 1st in India, 44th globally as per MBA Ranking 2021 by The Economist
- 25 kg gold jewellery and ₹96,000 cash stolen at gunpoint from Muthoot Finance branch in Tamil Nadu
- Rajasthan: Budget session from February 10
- IPL players auction to be held on February 18, says BCCI official