After 13 Years At Best Buy, Barry Judge Has Joined LivingSocial As Its CMO
It has hired
His mission is to help LivingSocial expand further internationally.
Judge spent more than a decade at Best Buy. He joined in 1999 when it was just launching BestBuy.com and became CMO in 2008.
"No other company in the local commerce landscape combines LivingSocial’s broad reach, deep consumer and merchant relationships, and strong reputation,” Judge said in a release. “My career has been spent inventing and reinventing great brands, and LivingSocial has a unique opportunity to build a new industry from scratch by helping millions of local customers discover and share the best things to do in their cities.“
Judge's position will be more important than ever this year following a bout of bad press surrounding LivingSocial's November layoffs in which 400 people were let go, and reports that the company is losing a lot of money.
- A top AI researcher reportedly left Google for OpenAI after sharing concerns the company was training Bard on ChatGPT data
- An AI researcher who has been warning about the technology for over 20 years says we should 'shut it all down,' and issue an 'indefinite and worldwide' ban
- What is an indictment? What it means for someone to be indicted by a grand jury and why Trump was charged
- India reports 3,824 new Covid cases
- 77% of young Indians now spend the most on phones, apparels
- Global Pharma recalls 50,000 tubes of contaminated eye drops in US: USFDA
- Former India cricketer Salim Durani passes away aged 88; PM Narendra Modi, Ravi Shastri lead tributes
- India successfully achieves autonomous landing of Space vehicle