After Being Sold To A Chinese Company, Motorola Will Shut Down Its Factory In The US
The factory opened in May 2013 and was used to produce Motorola's flagship phone, the Moto X. The Moto X had a customizable design, so orders had to be assembled manually in Motorola's Texas factory.
Motorola used to be a subsidiary of Google, but was sold to Lenovo, a Chinese PC and smartphone maker, for $2.9 billion. Google originally paid $12.5 billion for Motorola in 2011.
The Texas factory employs 700 workers.
- Chip shortage hits new brands in tough Indian laptop market
- Petrol and diesel prices hiked again by 35 paise for fifth consecutive day across the country
- India vs Pakistan at ICC T20 World Cup: The ‘Men in Blue’ have a definite advantage in this one
- Tamil drama 'Koozhangal' is India's official entry for Oscars 2022
- ICICI Bank net profit rises 25% on lower provisions in September quarter