After interviewing 100 entrepreneurs, a CEO found all of the most successful women had 'given up' on the same idea
Photo by Sasha Israel
On an episode of podcast So Money, she told host Farnoosh Torabi that she was surprised to find a commonality among the women she spoke with: almost all of them had "given up" the pursuit of "work/life balance."
She told Torabi:
"... I think the biggest sort of eye opener for me was realizing that almost all of these women had in common the idea that they had given up work/life balance, because I think that it's a concept that doesn't - it is not rooted in reality. I think that life and work are constantly in flux, and the market in which we're all working is constantly in flux.
"The idea that you could ever sort of achieve this perfect stasis place is just unrealistic. So many of these women who had been in business for a long time really had kind of let that concept go, because they saw it as a very unrealistic expectation that I think women in particular feel has been placed upon them."
Instead of holding tight to the myth of work/life balance, Bonney said women should focus on owning their power, their success, and their wealth. "You really just need to do it and not look back, because you're better off for it."
- Xiaomi Pad 5 Review - Is it best Android alternate to iPad Air?
- Mayhem Studios announces a new battle royale game with locations, gangs and other elements depicting India
- Technique used to track ants’ movement might soon help scientists in measuring snow depth from space
- Three senior Twitter employees quit amid ongoing Musk-Agrawal internet war
- Indian CEOs could get the best salary hike in 5 years; and they already make ₹7 crore/yr on an average
- Delhivery IPO
- Reliance Retail
- Indian Rupee
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Disney+hotstar Subscribers
- Reliance Industries
- Venus Pipes Tubes IPO
- Matheesha Pathirana
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction