After making its debut in fintech, Xiaomi to enter Indian NBFC sector soon
- Smartphone giant,
Xiaomiis all set to enter NBFCsector to provide consumer loan and b2b credits.
- Its newly registered company, Xiaomi Financial Services India is soon going to seek RBI’s permission to commence operation as NBFC.
- The board of directors include Xiaomi’s Corp co-founder Feng Hong and Xiaomi’s India MD
Manu Kumar Jain.
The new company was established on 10 October as a subsidiary of Xiaomi Singapore Fintech and Xiaomi Finance HK Ltd. The newly incorporated company is yet to seek RBI’s approval to operate as a NBFC in India. It has nominated Xiaomi Corp co-founder Feng Hong and Xiaomi India MD Manu Kumar Jain as the board of directors for Xiaomi Financial Services.
According to recent media reports, the smartphone major is planning to offer consumer loans against e-commerce purchases such as home appliances, electronics and apparels. Further, it is also looking forward to provide credit to business against any acquisition of assets and goods. All the services will be provided using online platforms.
Xiaomi has already launched
- Wholesale growth expected to continue for tractors, passenger vehicles and two-wheelers, says equity research firm Emkay
- Centre finalises One District One Focus Product to promote in cluster approach
- A Mumbai-based EV startup launched the cheapest electric car with a 200 km range
- HP's worldwide shipments grow 5.6% in fourth quarter of 2020, says IDC
- NITI Aayog proposes price of COVID-19 between ₹300-500