After Pro Kabaddi, popular Indian sport Kho-Kho to have its own IPL-like league
TOI, BCCL, VISAKHAPATNAM
Kho Kho Federation of Indiais launching “Ultimate Kho Kho.”
- Vice Chairman of Dabur, Amit Burman, will be launching the league in association with Kho Kho Federation of India (KKFI).
- The first season of the league is expected to launch in September and October.
India’s sports minister Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore is expected to kick off the league, reported Economic Times. The vice chairman of Dabur, Amit Burman, will be launching the league in association with Kho Kho Federation of India (KKFI).
Kho Kho is one of the oldest forms of outdoor sport played by 12 players in a team. Being a game of tag, it is one of the very few field games that requires minimal infrastructure.
As per the tentative plan, the first season of the league will be launched in September and October. There will be a total of eight franchises with 12 players in each team. Every team will have two foreign players, and two players who will be under the age of 21 years.
Over the years, the huge success of the
Nevertheless, the Indian Premier League will probably still remain the most watched TV sport in the country all because of India’s love for cricket.
- Modi calls for real-time monitoring of coronavirus in India
- Swab samples of J'khand CM, wife collected for COVID-19 tests
- More COVID-19 cases in Syria's overcrowded rebel enclave
- Pink is the shade of climate change with mountains and lakes changing colour across the globe
- Tripura's COVID-19 tally rises to 1,932