After Rajasthan, Airtel Payments Bank to head to Karnataka, AP, UP, Bihar and Jharkhand
After adding over 10,000 customers within two days of kick-starting
Last week, Airtel Payments Bank became the first Payments Bank to go live in the country and the timing of it couldn’t have been better for Airtel as the government’s demonetization move has made people even more accepting of Airtel’s pilot project in Rajasthan where majority of these accounts have been opened by customers in semi-urban and rural areas.
Quick, easy and paperless account opening using Aadhaar based e-KYC has further helped Airtel in signing on more customers where the customer’s mobile number will also be their bank account number. And even a non-Airtel customer can open an account with Airtel Payments bank.
In Rajasthan, Airtel Bank has rolled out services across 10,000 Airtel retail outlets, which also act as banking points. Airtel Banking points are offering bank account opening services and cash deposit and withdrawal facilities. All these merchants will accept digital payments via Airtel Bank using a mobile phone. Airtel payments bank is offering interest rate of 7.25 per cent per annum on deposits in savings accounts along with personal insurance of Rs 1 lakh.
And now Airtel has major plans to open payments bank in states like
Popular on BI
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- Germany relaxes Schengen visa rules for Indians
- Kanye West says he's selling Balenciaga, Adidas, and Gap hoodies for $20 after the companies all cut ties with him
- Risk management must be driven by understanding of what is good for corporate: Ex-chairman Sebi
- Government invites suggestions for union budget 2023-24
- India needs 1,000+ pilots annually, but training infra in short supply
- WhatsApp rolls out contact cards sharing on Windows beta
- FIFA WC: Lionel Messi doing well, says Argentina manager Scaloni amid injury concerns
- Tata Aviation
- Visa Platinum Prepaid Card
- Interest Rate on Deposits
- Uniparts IPO
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Asus new Desktop
- Sandhya Devanathans
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Small Cap Companies
- India Pharma
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World