Airbnb joined the same-sex marriage debate in Australia with its new ad campaign
The video (watch it in full below) asks people to talk about the meaning of love they usually associate with rings. The ring at the heart of the campaign is broken, to symbolize the missing acceptance of marriage equality.
The campaign calls on people to wear the "acceptance ring," designed by Marc Newson and available for free on the Airbnb website, until same-sex marriage is legalized in Australia.
Marriage equality is at the heart of a debate in the country after a letter signed by business leaders was sent to the Australian prime minister in March. Since then a number of global companies - including Google, Procter & Gamble, and GE, have joined the non-profit Australian Marriage Equality campaign.
This campaign was developed with the non-profit after Airbnb joined the campaign.
In a statement, Airbnb CEO Brian Chesky said: "This is an opportunity for people to show their support for marriage equality - not just those within the LGBTQI+ community, but for anyone to make their support for a brother, sister, parent, friend or loved one known."
- Noida-based LED IKIO Lighting files DRHP with SEBI to raise ₹350 crore
- Electronics Mart India IPO set to open on Oct 4; commands grey market premium of ₹30/share
- Twitter is going the TikTok way with a new full-screen video feature
- Sensex, Nifty fall over 1% on weak global trends
- Prosus terminates $4.7 bn deal to acquire BillDesk