Bharti Airtel might deploy WiFi hotspots for Google’s station WiFi service
If consented, the move might help India's leading telecom company improve its broadband experience amidst its struggle to retain subscribers because of intense competition after
"Airtel is having discussions with Google around Station WiFi...these are initial discussions," a person familiar with the matter told ET. Another source said that
It was in this direction that Airtel recently signed a partnership with
"Companies like Google and Facebook can help telcos overcome challenges related to software, as their existing software is not scalable. By partnering with telcos, companies like Google and Facebook are taking away some cost by providing software," said a source.
In an earlier interaction with ET,
Google recently won its first city WiFi deal in collaboration with companies such as IBM, Larsen & Toubro and RailTel from Pune Smart City Development Corporation.
Popular on BI
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- International air travel penetration remains low in India: CAPA
- "Meeting friends is always a delight": PM Modi reacts to 'Melodi' selfie shared by Italian counterpart Georgia Meloni
- WhatsApp testing new feature that lets you search users by their username
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts