Alabama Sorority Girls Allegedly Promised Free Drinks If They Voted In Local Elections
AL.com reports that a member of Chi O's executive board encouraged sorority members to vote for two UA alums running in separate races, and promised free drinks at local bars and hummer limo rides to the polls. From AL.com, the email to the sorority reads:
In a list that was e-mailed to me this weekend, y'all are the only [members] registered in the specific district that are allowed to vote ... Cason Kirby, a past SGA president of the University of Alabama is running for the City Board of Education, and Lee Garrison a UA Alum is also running.
They would really appreciate/need your vote to win this election. It's going to be really tight, and it is SO IMPORTANT that they get the Greek Vote. I told both of them that I would do my best to make sure that I got every Chi O that was registered to the polls. There is a big incentive for you going as well!!
Sorority members were enticed with five "incentives," including "points" in both a UA Panhellenic and internal house ranking system, as well as limo rides and drinks at two bars that were being rented out.
Both Cason Kirby and Lee Garrison won their races with a slim margin, so it seems like their appeal to the sorority helped put them in office.
- Xiaomi Pad 5 Review - Is it best Android alternate to iPad Air?
- Mayhem Studios announces a new battle royale game with locations, gangs and other elements depicting India
- Technique used to track ants’ movement might soon help scientists in measuring snow depth from space
- Three senior Twitter employees quit amid ongoing Musk-Agrawal internet war
- Indian CEOs could get the best salary hike in 5 years; and they already make ₹7 crore/yr on an average
- Delhivery IPO
- Reliance Retail
- Indian Rupee
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Disney+hotstar Subscribers
- Reliance Industries
- Venus Pipes Tubes IPO
- Matheesha Pathirana
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction