Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Jonathan Van Ness from 'Queer Eye' strolled hand-in-hand through DC and people went nuts
- Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was seen walking with the cast of "Queer Eye" in Washington on Thursday.
- The cast, known as the "Fab 5," was there to pressure lawmakers to support the Equality Act, which aims to ensure federal protections for LGBTQ people.
- Witnesses couldn't contain their excitement when they saw the freshman Democrat strolling around Capitol Hill with the stars of the hit Netflix show.
Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez strolled through Capitol Hill with four members of the cast of the hit Netflix show "Queer Eye" on Thursday and people who witnessed it could not contain their excitement.The "Queer Eye" stars were there to promote the Equality Act - legislation that would implement federal protections for LGBTQ people. The law seeks to build off of the landmark Civil Rights Act of 1964, which ended de jure segregation and prohibited discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.Advertisement
Read more: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and other progressives slam Democratic Party leaders for 'blackballing' candidates who want to challenge sitting Democrats
Republicans in Congress have sought to derail the legislation.
When people saw Ocasio-Cortez walking hand-in-hand with Jonathan Van Ness, one of the stars of the show, they went nuts. And so did the internet.
The "Queer Eye" cast, known as the "Fab 5," also met with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. Ocasio-Cortez led the stars to the House Speaker's office.Ocasio-Cortez seems to have a budding relationship with the Fab 5.
She was seen interacting with star Bobby Berk on Twitter earlier this week. Berk offered to help the freshman Democrat, who is a rising star in Congress but also a top target for Republicans, redecorate her office.
- Bio-secure bubbles – Here's how IPL players will be staying safe during the pandemic
- INTERVIEW: Chennai-based CAMS’ 30-year journey to an IPO
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry
- INTERVIEW: Paytm trains its guns on Google while the payments app is back in Play Store