Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is watching the final season of 'Game of Thrones,' and she has an idea for how the show should end
- Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York has an interesting take on how she wants HBO's "Game of Thrones" to end.
- The freshman Democrat said on a Yahoo News podcast that she hopes the series ends with Westeros' seven kingdoms transitioning to a democracy.
- Ocasio-Cortez has used "Game of Thrones" campaign imagery on social media, as has President Donald Trump.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York said she wants HBO's "Game of Thrones" to end with Westeros' seven kingdoms transitioning to a democracy.During an interview on Yahoo News' Skullduggery podcast, Ocasio-Cortez talked about the hit cable television show, among other topics.Advertisement
Read more: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez replaces Nancy Pelosi as Fox News and Republicans' new boogeyman for 2020
"Could you imagine if no one ends on the throne and they transition to democracy?" she said. "Wouldn't that be badass?"The eighth and final season of "Game of Thrones" premiered Sunday night. She added another, more likely desire for the show's finale, which will air on May 19.
"Another hope would maybe be Jon Snow and Daenerys [Targaryen] just take the whole thing and they build a second [throne]," she said.Ocasio-Cortez has used "Game of Thrones" in campaign imagery before, as has President Donald Trump."Justice is here," read one image Ocasio-Cortez posted to Facebook in 2017 for the left-wing political group Justice Democrats, in a play on the show's "Winter is here" tagline.Advertisement
Trump has used the previous slogan "Winter is coming" to tease heavy sanctions on Iran. In one tweet, Trump touted the "sanctions are coming" image.
HBO took offense to the tweet, posting their own about trademark violations.But Trump went on to use the image again, printing out a full poster on display during a cabinet meeting several months later.Advertisement
- Google delays Android 11 Beta launch owing to protests in US
- Seven of top-10 cos add Rs 1.76 lakh cr in m-cap; HDFC Bank shines
- COVID-19: India records highest single-day spike of 8,380 cases; death toll climbs to 5,164
- Thunderstorm in Uttar Pradesh's Agra damages minor structures in Taj Mahal
- Uttarakhand minister's wife tests positive for coronavirus