Allbirds is dropping a limited-edition sneaker every day this week for Earth Day - here's your first look
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider, Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- For Earth Day 2019, the theme of which is "Protect Our Species," Allbirds is releasing five new limited-edition colors inspired by endangered birds.
- All proceeds from sales of the collection will be donated to the Audubon Society.
- Each day this week, April 15 through April 19, Allbirds is releasing one new shoe. You can get a sneak peek of the colors below.
Inspired by and bringing awareness to endangered birds like the Mountain Bluebird and Scarlet Tanager, this new collection comprises five different color combinations for the Wool Runner ($95) and Tree Runner ($95).
Each new, limited-edition style will be released daily in the week leading up to Earth Day on April 22, and all proceeds from sales of the collection will be donated to the Audubon Society.Kicking off this special Earth Day-themed event is the Painted Redstart Tree Runner (shown above).
Allbirds website every day to see and shop their final forms, but you can get a sneak peek of the colors now with the above illustrations. Tuesday, April 16: Pygmy Nuthach Wool RunnerAdvertisement
Wednesday, April 17: Mountain Bluebird Wool Runner
Thursday, April 18: Allen's Hummingbird Tree RunnerFriday, April 19: Scarlet Tanager Wool RunnerAdvertisement
Allbirds, a certified B Corp, strives to employ more sustainable materials and practices to make its shoes.Advertisement
It sources merino wool from places held to high standards of land management and animal welfare, and the process to make the sneakers uses 60% less energy than materials used in traditional synthetic shoes. Its Tree sneakers, made from sustainably sourced eucalyptus fiber, are FSC-certified. It also uses one recycled plastic bottle to make each pair of laces.
For Earth Day, you can not only snag a limited-edition version of these earth-friendly shoes, but you can also support a great cause in the process.Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.Advertisement
- Best pearl sets for every occasion
- Sensex sinks 800 points, Nifty cracks below 11,300 — global selloff eroded ₹4.23 lakh crore from investor wealth
- INTERVIEW: Angel Broking CEO believes the ₹600 crore IPO will ride the ‘digital’ euphoria
- Kerala hikes allowance to transgenders for sex-change surgeries
- Best premium gaming headphones in India