Almost 100 Google employees are petitioning San Francisco Pride to ban Google from sponsoring and participating in the parade - read the full letter here
Almost 100 Google employees have petitioned San Francisco Pride's board of directors to exclude the company from marching in and sponsoring the parade."Whenever we press for change, we are told only that the company will 'take a hard look at these policies,'" the petition says. "But we are never given a commitment to improve, and when we ask when these improvements will be made, we are always told to be patient."Advertisement
"We feel we have no choice but to urge you to reject Google's failure to act in support of our community by revoking their sponsorship of Pride, and excluding Google from official representation in the Pride parade," the petition reads.
San Francisco Pride is scheduled to take place this upcoming weekend.Read the full petition sent to San Francisco Pride's board of directors on Medium.
Get the latest Google stock price here.
- Air India Express plane crash leaves at least 11 dead as others are rushed to hospitals
- Best budget microwave ovens in India
- Best coffee mugs for cosy conversations & more
- First Man, Bandish Bandits— and other shows that you can watch on Netflix, Zee5, Disney+ Hotstar, and Amazon Prime
- A WhatsApp message, six weeks of talks and a $300 million deal – how Karan Bajaj sold his less than 18-month old startup White Hat Jr to Byju’s