It’s raining deals in August, and here’s what is best for you
Independence Dayaround the corner, most Indian brands are set to offer great discounts on their platform.
- Amazon has announced its Freedom Sale.
- From the e-grocery segment, both leaders – Grofers and Big Basket – have announced their big sale period.
AdvertisementThe month of August is better known as the month of sales in India. As most ‘end of the season’ sales at malls wrap up, they re-open again for two days around Independence Day. From offline to online, discounts and deals do the rounds everywhere.
The global e-retail giant just concluded its Amazon Prime day sale and will soon be back with its ‘
Its rival Flipkart will announce its Big Billion Day sale, will also leverage the Independence day sales to offer
Grocery startups like Grofers, BigBasket will join the sales buzz too. Grofers is set to begin the second edition of its Grand Orange Bag Days from 10th to 18th August, where it will offer consumers 100% cashback on products. It also offers a cross partnership where users can use the cashback at other places like Urban Clap, Book My Show, Ferns N Petals, Beardo, Gaana, Café Coffee Day, Faasos among others.
BigBasket also announced its Freedom 47 sale, from where users will get 47% discount on products.
Retail outlets in malls will too offer multiple sales during this time. Future Group’s Big Bazaar which made its Maha Bachat sale famous during Independence Day will be back with the same, where it offers over 60% discount on everyday essentials.
Popular on BI
- JPMorgan's Jamie Dimon says he isn't afraid of China, but would leave if the US government told him to
- Charlie Munger once said he and Warren Buffett weren't interested in emulating Elon Musk: 'We don't want that much failure'
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- Over 60 schools in and around Bengaluru receive bomb threat, students evacuated safely
- TVS Motor Co sales rise 31% to 3,64,231 units in November
- Johnny Depp unknowingly taught Ranveer Singh the craft of acting
- Midcap index rising for last 21 sessions, hitting fresh highs since November 16
- Global smartwatch shipments up 9% in Q3, Fire-Boltt & Huawei hit new highs: Report