Amazon has sold over 100,000 products in first 30 minutes of the Great Indian Sale
It’s raining discounts on India’s ecommerce sites. Amazon had begun its annual ‘Great Indian Sale’ since yesterday. Here's the list of 11 things you should buy at insane prices on Amazon's Great Indian Sale. If news reports are to be believed, Amazon India got 1 billion hits in the first 14 hours of the first day of its Diwali sales.
Also the press note claims that Amazon has received more unique visitors in half a day than all 5 days combined of last year’s Diwali sale. It sold more than 100,000 units within the first 30 minutes of the day.
Brands exclusively available on Amazon.in saw a spike of 7x with Moto G+ and Redmi being the top selling products. ard drives witnessed a 20x jump in demand. This was also the biggest day ever in the history of large appliances with the category exceeding a month’s sale in the first day itself. Washing Machine and AC from exclusive brands & other brands saw a spike of nearly 20x. TV sales saw a spike of 19x over usual business. 32inch and 43 inches TV sets were the most popular choice across brands such as TCL & Sanyo. In Apparel, the highest growth came from T-shirts with almost 200o orders every hour. The top selling style was a T-shirt from Amazon exclusive brand Aeropostle.
Microwaves saw a 30x spike in demand on Day 1 of the sales. 50% discount on gaming consoles led to a 250X increase in X Box sales through an exclusive partnership with Microsoft.
Popular on BI
- DBS Bank’s custom financing leads the way for companies trying to reach net-zero goals
- Republic Day 2022 – Here is a list of wishes and messages you can send to your fellow citizens
- The world's 5 richest tech tycoons — including Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Bill Gates — have already lost about $85 billion this year amid a brutal market sell-off
- OPINION: Tax consolidation schemes need of the hour for India’s renewable energy sector
- Brands celebrate Republic Day with patriotic fervour
- Air India's new policy on pre-flight weight checks is not going well with its staff
- Anand Mahindra responds after farmer's humiliation at SUV showroom
- MakeMyTrip's founder Deep Kalra moves into a chief mentor role