Amazon is coming after Ikea with its first furniture brands - and it's one-upping the competition in one major way
- Amazon has launched two new furniture brands: Rivet and Stone & Beam.
- Rivet is a midcentury modern-inspired brand, and Stone & Beam is focused on family-friendly comfort and durability.
- Both brands ship for free.
Amazon is inviting its customers to take a load off - preferably on a sofa from one of its new furniture brands.
The retailer is launching two new furniture brands. Rivet is a midcentury modern-inspired brand with a focus on urban, small-space solutions and high style. Stone & Beam is much more tailored to the "modern family" with comfort and durability in mind.
Stone & Beam's prices are generally higher than Rivet's prices.
These are Amazon's first home furnishing brands, though it also sells things like office chairs through its AmazonBasics brand.
Both new brands offer 30-day returns. Rivet offers a one-year warranty, while Stone & Beam comes with a three-year warranty.
Both brands are also offering free shipping. Smaller items, like decor or furniture with some assembly required, are shipped like normal Amazon packages.
Larger items like couches offer scheduled deliveries, and a signature is required.
Notably, the furniture does not require an Amazon Prime membership to purchase, unlike some of Amazon's clothing brands. Prime membership is also not required for free shipping.
Shipping and delivery is often considered a pain point for furniture shopping. Ikea, one of the most popular furniture sellers worldwide, rarely offers free shipping, and it charges an expensive delivery fee of $50.
Ikea also doesn't sell many of its items online, requiring a trip to the store. Much of Amazon's furniture is made from solid wood and does not need to be put together like Ikea's flat packs.
- Survey reveals 53% of Indians are seeing ads based on their last private phone conversation
- Now take the Ayodhya to Rameshwaram tour with an EMI paying option by IRCTC
- Tomatoes, brinjal and green vegetable prices soar and will keep going up due to rains
- Vodafone, Coal India, BPCL among stocks to watch out for on May 26
- Yasin Malik sentenced to life in terror funding case
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Bitcoin Mining
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Paytm Market Value
- Reliance Industries
- Ambassador Electric Cars
- Hiring in BEL
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction