Amazon opens its largest-ever campus in Hyderabad with a size of 65 football fields
- Amazon has opened its largest campus in
- It will house 15,000 employees out of
Amazon India’s 62,000 employees.
- This is also the only Amazon-owned campus outside its homeground – US.
AdvertisementGlobal e-commerce giant Amazon has opened its largest campus in Hyderabad. The 9.5 acre campus will house 15,000 employees. The total built up area of the campus is equal to 65 football fields.
This is also the only Amazon-owned campus outside its homeground – US.
“Over the last 15 years we have invested significantly in India across 30 office spaces, the AWS APAC region in Mumbai, 50 fulfilment centers in 13 states of India as well as hundreds of delivery stations and sort centres, creating nearly 200,000 jobs in India,” said Amit Agarwal, SVP & Country Manager, Amazon India.
The campus also houses many interesting facts. It contains over 2.5 times more steel than the Eiffel Tower and has 49 elevators that can move at the speed of a floor per second. An average of 2,000 workers were on site daily for 39 months, to construct the building. It took 18 million man-hours to build it.
Earlier this month, Amazon had also expanded its Hyderabad warehouse by partnering with GMR, to make it its largest fulfillment centre in India. The company will be expanding its 400,000 square feet space by another 180,000 sq. ft.
Popular on BI
- Best mattress in India
- Rupee gains 10 paise to close at 82.28 against US dollar
- Sensex, Nifty50 log declines to close the week in red – IT, PSU banks and energy stocks drag
- Over 1.83 lakh Indians renounced their citizenship till October says external affairs ministry
- BharatPe files arbitration to claw back co-founder Ashneer Grover's unvested 1.4% shares