Mumbaikars can now pick up their Amazon packages on the way to work from a suburban railway station
AmazonIndia has partnered with Indian Railwaysto launch pick up kiosks in Mumbai.
- The CSTM, Thane, Dadar and Kalyan stations will see the pilot run of the project.
- Amazon recently opened its largest campus in Hyderabad. The 9.5 acre campus will house 15,000 employees.
Through these pick up kiosks, customers can pick up their couriers on-the-go.
“As a customer-obsessed company, we are constantly leveraging our resources and technology to build initiatives which are grounded in customer convenience. The suburban railway network forms the backbone of public transportation in Mumbai,” said Prakash Rochlani, Director – Last Mile Transportation, Amazon India.
While shopping, customers can select a pick up point at the checkout page.
Amazon has been ramping up its game in India. It recently opened its largest campus in Hyderabad. The 9.5 acre campus will house 15,000 employees.
Across the country, Amazon now has more than 60 fulfillment centers with over 20 million cubic feet storage space.
- Vaccine will not be released for mass use unless proven immunogenic: Serum Institute
- After SBI, PNB brings in new rules to withdraw cash from ATMs
- Horlicks Protein Plus ropes in Akshay Kumar as its new brand ambassador
- Instagram's 'Live Rooms' is rolling out in India — allows four people to stream simultaneously
- Tech Mahindra's share price hits a new high as the company targets the $100 billion cloud opportunity and guns for 5G