Amazon says it plans to create more than 100,000 full-time jobs in America
This would grow its workforce based in the US to over 280,000 by mid-2018, the tech company said in a press release.
"Innovation is one of our guiding principles at Amazon, and it's created hundreds of thousands of American jobs, CEO Jeff Bezos said.
According to Amazon, many of the jobs will be in new fulfillment centers, and will range from engineering to software-development roles.
The announcement was made after several companies came within the crosshairs of President-elect Donald Trump, who pushed back against reported plans to move production overseas.
- Top 10 must-visit destinations in South Africa
- Indian markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Stock markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Icy pebbles may be carrying water to developing planets across the cosmos!
- With $500 billion in reserves, LIC is the world’s fourth largest insurer