Amazon seizes half of all online Black Friday sales in an 'eye-popping' show of dominance
- Amazon is dominating online Black Friday sales so far.
- The company claimed between 45% and 50% of all online Black Friday sales, according to a new report from GBH Insights.
- That means Amazon has likely made well over $1 billion so far in just 24 hours.
Black Friday sales and promotions have helped the company claim between 45% and 50% of all online Black Friday sales, according to a new report from GBH Insights. GBH called the results "eye-popping."Advertisement
Amazon is dominating - again.
This new number, combined with online sales figure estimates for the same timeframe from other analytics firms, shows Amazon's sales are well over $1 billion for the last 24 hours or so.
This heralds another blockbuster holiday for Amazon, with estimates that it will take half of all online sales throughout the holiday. It will need to fend off an aggressive Walmart to do so. Walmart has pumped its resources into its new online offerings to make them more competitive and likely had its most ambitious online Black Friday this year.Still, Amazon Prime subscriber growth - in terms of both numbers and how much they spend - sets Amazon up well for the rest of the year.
- 39 new virus cases in South Korea, most in Seoul
- Abu Dhabi's Mubadala to buy 1.85% stake in Ambani's Jio Platforms for ₹9093.6 crore
- 20 DMRC staff have tested positive for COVID-19 till date: Sources
- COVID-positive man dies, daughter says 'not admitted' in time by Delhi hospital
- Four more COVID-19 cases in HP's Hamirpur, ten recover