Amazon to take on rivals by launching its own fashion label
The ET report further revealed, one of them stated that to execute its plans, Amazon India is currently forming a team for its private brands. And in order to steer its ship in the fashion arena, it’s planning to hire experienced people onboard. Therefore, the US-based firm has also interviewed people from other known fashion e-tailers like Myntra and
Amazon has already recruited some people in the new team for its private brands. And now it’s in search of a highly experience person who is capable of heading the business.
However, an Amazon spokesperson told ET, "As a policy, we don't comment on what we may or may not do in the future."
In bid to compete with online fashion giants like Myntra and Jabong, it will be a challenge for Amazon India to progress faster in the ever-growing
Amazon India is also the official title sponsor of the 25th edition of the India Fashion Week (IFW). This association will help Amazon.in to indicate the growing importance of online fashion purchasing. The first edition of the Amazon India Fashion Week (AIFW) will be held from March 25-March 29 at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
(Image: Amazon India)
Popular on BI
- Towards a Greener Footprint: Prioritising Carbon-Neutrality Makes Good Businesses Sense! Are Indian Firms Making the Transition?
- Netflix confirms an ad supported tier is coming to its streaming service by year end
- Accenture, Cognizant could see revenue growth but a strong US dollar could spoil the party
- Kharif sowing is off to a weak start with extended dry spells and floods
- Best ladder for home use in India