Amazon India to create over 7,500 ‘temporary’ jobs
Amazon.in will host its 'Great Indian Sale' between January 20-22, 2017.
"We have opened more than 7,500 seasonal roles for our upcoming Great Indian Sale. These roles will be available at 27 Fulfilment Centres, over 100 delivery stations and close to 15 sort centres across the country,"
He added that throughout the year, Amazon.in generates thousands of seasonal job opportunities, as well as opportunities for long term career development.
"Recruitment for seasonal roles is now underway and will be trained for the upcoming sale. We are excited to welcome these new personnel," he said.
Locked in an intense battle for leadership in the Indian e-commerce market with local rivals like
The company has invested in six new Fulfilment Centres (FCs) last year, taking the total number of operational FCs to 27 in 10 states.
"The infrastructure that has been built helps thousands of sellers reach millions of new customers across the country. It has also enabled Amazon.in to offer faster and quicker delivery of products to more pin codes," he said.
- Owning an electric two-wheeler is slightly cheaper cheaper than petrol and diesel at a time when fuel prices are at a record high
- TTD approves Rs 2,938-crore budget for 2021-22
- Wholesale growth expected to continue for tractors, passenger vehicles and two-wheelers, says equity research firm Emkay
- Centre finalises One District One Focus Product to promote in cluster approach
- A Mumbai-based EV startup launched the cheapest electric car with a 200 km range