Amazon's advertising business could reach $5 billion in revenue in 2018
Michael Seto/Business Insider
The firm estimates Amazon's advertising business will grow by an average annual rate of 37% between 2016 and 2018.Morgan Stanley analyst Brian Nowak said in the note: "We believe a majority of these ad dollars will come from large brands (Tide, Pampers, Energizer, etc) rather than individual third party sellers given brands' superior unit economics and ability to drive repeat purchases."
Nowak didn't consider Amazon's ad business a threat to Google's search business, saying keyword search was growing more than product searches.Sir Martin Sorrell, head of WPP, the biggest ad agency in the world, said on his company's fourth quarter earnings call that Amazon was a significant threat to Google's search business.
- India records 14,545 new COVID-19 cases in last 24 hours
- Google says it will pull Search out of Australia if the government doesn't back down on the media bargaining code
- Recession in India will end latest by March, says a top economist
- Amazfit GTS 2 review – feature-rich, but there’s still room for improvement
- Social Media Platforms: The trends to watch out for in 2021