Amazon, SpaceX and Google are going all in to win the satellite space race
But, he’s not alone in this endeavour.
According to the Satellite Industry Association, the global market for satellite-based broadband and television services is an $127.7 billion opportunity and the satellite launch services market is estimated to be around $5.5 billion.
And, the potential is huge will nearly 4 billion people around the world with underserved access to the internet according to the United Nations.
And, everyone wants a piece of the pie from billionaires like Bezos and
These are all the contenders of the satellite wars and how far they’ve gotten with their satellite constellations:
Bezos’ Project Kuiper
Elon Musk and SpaceX
Google’s Satellite Constellation
Popular on BI
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Elon Musk told his 76-year-old dad Errol to 'keep quiet' in a text message after he said he wasn't proud of his son, report says
- Armed Trump supporters protest outside FBI office in Phoenix following Mar-a-Lago raid: reports
- Modi remembers Nehru and Sarvarkar in his speech today
- Made-in-India gun used for 1st time for ceremonial salute at Red Fort on Independence Day
- How India can create opportunities for its new-age farmers
- Akasa Air founder, big bull Rakesh Jhunjhunwala passes at 62
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight