Amazon's live video network Twitch is showing every episode of Bob Ross' 'The Joy of Painting' in an epic marathon
Twitch is commemorating the launch of Twitch Creative by celebrating a beloved painter: Namely, the late Bob Ross, whose show "The Joy of Painting" taught millions of Americans, well, the joy of painting.Twitch Creative has been streaming every single one of the 403 episodes of "The Joy of Painting," with the hope that Ross' trademark positivity rubs off on the site's newest community, from a dedicated landing page. That marathon started Wednesday afternoon and will run for the next week or so.Advertisement
"These creative broadcasters share many of the same characteristics as all Twitch broadcasters: passion, engagement, and a community-centric worldview," writes Twitch in an official blog entry.
It's a bold experiment for Twitch, which itself spun out of "Justin.tv," a more broad livestreaming Internet video service that couldn't find an audience. But apparently Amazon, which bought Twitch for $970 million in August 2014, has grander visions for Twitch beyond video games.Disclosure: Jeff Bezos is an investor in Business Insider through hispersonal investment company Bezos Expeditions.
- coronavirus vaccine tests on monkeys risk disease, warns PETA India
- Jio creates Made-in-India 5G solution; teams up with Google to develop affordable smartphones
- TMC leader shot at in West Bengal, condition critical
- Punjab Police to draw experts to sharpen investigations
- People ignore SOPs, masks while corona spreads in Kashmir