Amazon's Prime Video service lets you curate your own cheap cable subscription - and popular channels like Starz and Showtime are discounted right now
The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
- Prime Video Channels is an Amazon Prime member perk that lets members subscribe to more than 100 TV networks for a monthly fee.
- Amazon is currently offering a 40% discount on four Prime Video Channels: Showtime, PBS Masterpiece, Lifetime Movie Club, and Starz. New subscribers who sign up by January 17 will enjoy the discounted rate for three months.
- Subscribers get access to a channel's back catalog, and in many cases, the ability to stream shows live through their computer and on other devices with the Prime Video app.
Each channel has a different price, so I've broken down how much you can save if you take advantage of this deal:
- Showtime: $6.59 per month (originally $10.99) [You save $13.20]
- Starz: $5.39 per month (originally $8.99) [You save $10.80]
- PBS Masterpiece: $3.59 per month (originally $5.99) [You save $7.20]
- Lifetime Movie Club: $2.39 per month (originally $3.99) [You save $4.80]
Showtime is home to popular shows like "Shameless," "Homeland," and "I Feel Pretty," while Starz airs "American Gods," "The Girlfriend Experience," and "Breakfast At Tiffany's." PBS Masterpiece's "Northanger Abbey," "Bird Song," and "Point Blank" are well worth your time (I hear), and Lifetime Movie Club's "Whitney," "If Looks Could Kill," and "Flowers in the Attic" are other noteworthy shows to add to your streaming queue.Keep up with the shows you like, amd never pay for a full cable package with 400 stations you don't need again. Advertisement
Sign up for a discounted Prime Video Channel subscription to Starz, Showtime, PBS Masterpiece, and Lifetime Movie Club here.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Assam breaches 500-mark in COVID-19 cases, 156 new infections
- Assam breaches 500-mark in COVID-19 cases, 147 new infections
- Rajasthan eases lockdown norms, allows taxis, auto rickshaws to operate in red zones
- Bihar reports 163 fresh COVID cases, tally climbs to 2,737
- UP records 8 more COVID-related deaths; 229 fresh cases take tally to 6,497